All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:51 pm

Post subject: Re: All Ingame Beginner TIPS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:16 pm 
Acolyte

Tear wrote:
We have a "Portal Tip", check Camps & Runes, part 4. ;)

Very soon we will update our Tips in the game (and here as well.), adding some new ones. ;)

But I know what you mean, these are often more facts and information then some useful advice what a new player should do.

2 months past and no update yet.
A detailed "How to" could be done for players that are not that old in the game.
Been playing for @ 3 months and still not able to say what Normal Resist is used for ( where exactly in the battle)
Cold and fire resist... I have Rare artefact lvl 2 which say cold resist 12... Is it 12% of the cold spell cast on me or is it only 12 ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:10 am 
Veteran Forum Gyrocopter

You are right, we sort of forgot about Tips update. :oops: The new Tips are already prepared and translated, we just have to implement them.

However, it is not so easy to explain some deeper mathematical mechanics in short casual sentences. Not many players understand them completely, but they often don't need or want to. ;)

If you are interested, check my other articles in this forum section, they explain the basic battle mechanics.

To be specific, about you question: Cold resist is helpful not only in magic, but "real sword" battle too. Check these 2 articles:
1) about resists
and
2) about magic resist - hero skill/ this one is the defensive attribute just towards spells

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:14 am 
Acolyte

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:44 pm 
Skeleton

can you explain how to cast spells? and where do you research military buildings (dark monastery nightmare pit monument of power )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:36 am 
Runesmith

Hi James,
This is probably not the thread to use for your question but here is an answer :)

Research:
To do research you need to upgrade your palace until you get the research laboratories - there are now 2 of them, one for spells and one for military.

Spells:
To cast spells you first need to research them in the Magic Laboratory. You need 3 of the same runes to do it, and the higher level runes need a higher level of Laboratory. When you have made a spell then go to an ally's city or a camp or an enemy and click. In the circle you will see a fireball which is the spell symbol. Click that and choose the spell you want to cast and click ok.
Troops:
To get the new troop buildings first you need to research the troop in the Research Laboratory. Each new troop needs 30 runes and you have to do them in order. Once you have the new troop you can build the barracks. You will also need to collect runes to research troop attributes to make them stronger, 3 runes for each upgrade up to a maximum of 10 levels.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:48 am 
Skeleton

This has been a GREAT read thank you all..

I have been playing for three days now and noted in the forum that

Hard camps start to appear on the map 10 days after the start of the world. Very hard camps 20 days, extreme camps 30 days.

I have capped out now and researched everything.. Do I have to wait the 10 day or is there a way I can progress to water runes now?

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:42 pm 
Axe Warrior

Hey Ross

If you researched everything and finished the unit upgrades, that's a very good job, well done! But the bad news, you have to wait for the next runes.

1st day - Rune of light
2nd day - Rune of earth
11th day - Rune of wather
21th day - Rune of fire
31th day - Rune of air

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 pm 
Skeleton

Thanks Axe Warrior..

Yeah everything is researched and upgraded to its max.. Guess I just have to be patient :/ Not one of my strong points.