All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:03 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New update 4.18 + TRADING RESTRICTION FEEDBACK
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:51 am 
Skeleton

i'm not lazy, i grind a lot on all servers, but it is very discouraging to be part of an alliance which consists of players that aren't interested in full aspect of the game. I've seen many good players leave and quit because of this. And I don't want to join a top alliance, because i still want the game to be fun.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:45 am 
Skeleton

en temps que joueur et aussi chef d'alliance je tenais a vous dire en mon nom et se de mes joueurs que la mise a jours que vous venez de faire vien de mêtre un compte a rebours sur la fin votre jeu les joueur qui utilise la carte faisais aussi des gemme sur les autre serveur et brad les pris et donne envie aussi d'utiliser la carte bancaire si les article sont trop cher pas envie de depencer 70 euro pour avoir 5 artefacts legendaire ou unique voila c'est tous se que j'avais a vous dire sur se beaucoup de joueur mon dit il fini se serveur et il arrette bonne journée

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:13 am 
Skeleton

This is not the first pay to win game most of us has played so most of the experienced players would agree with me if i say that THIS WONT WORK!

Im sorry but time restriction of the selling will only lead to the players selling for gems only in one realm at the time just to sell out all the valuable items, save the gems and then doing the same thing in an other realm. In other words this will only disrupt the fluency of market and number of the offers (which was one of your points, so good for you, point reached).

In past i have seen many partial solutions (none of them is good enough in this case unfortunately). For example in many games the market fees are payed for making the market offer, not only in case of successful sale. This wouldnt really work in this game as gems are too rare to waste this way. But it might help if the market fee was deduced from player's gem bilance and returned if the item wouldnt sell. Or there was another option, to make the gems linked to a server. Meaning if I sell for gems on ares, I can only use those on ares. Which was pretty good in games with endless game worlds, but here we would be facing problem with end of server, should the gems just dissappear or the should be transfered somewhere?

But none of the solutions you have came up so far (not even if inspired by those i have mentioned) can solve the next issue which you are already facing but you cant see it. That is players with multiple accounts. Those players can still use like 10 accounts to earn gems even on a single server and then easily transfering the gems to the "main" account (by buying overpriced items)

I dont really know what can be done, it seems to me that the game just evolved itself into the stage where gemming and multiaccoutning is a neccesity. This have happend to several games before, it will happen again and there is no way back if you dont want to loose too many players (if you can figure that out you will be the first!). You can either live with it or try to counter it but keep in mind that the players you this will hurt the most arent responsible for this state of the game - do not push it too hrad and good luck with it!!

Post subject: Re: Abuse fix: Trading restrictions
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:48 am 
Axe Warrior

Erwin van Tuijl wrote:
In the new patch is an restriction for selling items in multiple worlds, as I read in the patch log on. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2465.
How will this affect the “Call for Help” event quest 3.a (Create 5 offers on the market) when I’m playing multiple worlds? Will I have to wait 3 days before I can complete it?

same comment for me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:56 pm 
Archer

I will call this last patch as very bad design and bad decision. Think about it! your only way to gain money is selling gems. But with last changes, you dont give any reason to buy gems.. I hope you checked the situation of markets right now, there is no item left! maybe one or 2 of each with sky high prices. Can you tell me why shall i buy gem and use it for over priced items and have to remind again there is not enough item there! example there is only 5 rune or air on hephaestus.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:23 pm 
Archer

Disgusted u have done that for 72hrs. bloody joke not happy,

Leave the market to Gold only and take away gems if you want to slow down. This is the most fucked up update i have seen in the last months and i can see alot of players leaving over it.

You cant assist alliance members anymore or make it so we can have a alliance market where we can buy within alliance

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:28 pm 
Veteran Forum Gyrocopter

Hi guys, thank you so much for your feedback so far. And we appreciate that many of you have really analyzed the issue deeply, using good arguments.. ;)
We (the whole Emporea team) would like to add some more insights into this decision that has been made about the new market rule.

The whole idea started with a problem that you can see also in other games with mechanics enabling players to exchange items between each other. (A very good example is "Action house" of Diablo 3).
We allow you to sell / buy nearly everything in Emporea as well, so it's becoming the same problem: Problem that many players start to use market too much and play the game much less. With market prices of items as low as they are, there is no need for "playing" the game, you just search the market and buy.

This is not the way we want it to work.

There have been more alternatives, some of them you have already mentioned. We could increase the tax, make maximum number of offers for all worlds together or reduce number of items sold in certain time...

But we wanted to give a player the possibility to play at least one world without any constraints.

We honestly believe that this change will enable much broader player group to be able to effectively earn some gems on the market, because prices will go up. Yes, the number of sold items will go down, but that's o.k., because we really would prefer you to sell one item with 5 gem profit instead of 3 items with 1 gem profit each.
(Be sure that this change is not there to increase our overall income from trade taxes, because it will not be the case - as many of you have already mentioned)

Quote:
"Event quests ("create market offer"..) will no longer be possible.."

We will consider the possibility to adjust event quests according to this game change. On the other hand...
Even now, it will still be possible to fulfill event quests in at least 2 gameworlds. In how many gameworlds do players actually expect/ need to be able to fulfill these quests? We design these quests to be challenging, time consuming, to be difficult to fulfill in 1 (at most 2) gameworlds. Players often complain that the rewards for event quests are not rewarding enough. We would gladly make them more rewarding, but that would be possible only if the players were not able to sell these rewards basically for the tax and to flood market with them.

Quote:
"Rise in multiaccounts..."

We are very much aware that this change can cause increase in multiaccounts. However, to track and ban multiaccounts is much more simple task for us than a difficult battle with market inflation.

Please be patient, we will monitor feedback and players' behavior and we are definitely willing to adjust this rule in the near future. Be sure to give us feedback, we really want you to see that this could be the right way to improve the game for majority of players. Give it some time and be sure to let us know what you think. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:41 pm 
Runesmith

Maybe the 72 hours could be reduced to 48 as 3 days seems an eternity in a game that is fairly short like Emporea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:00 pm 
Skeleton

I think this fix is unfair to those who do not play multiple game worlds for gems. It means we can't get by the event quests to sell multiple market items. This makes it impossible to complete the quests in 1 week if you play 3 or more worlds. For me I try to sell smart and check the going price and sell for less or pick another item if market is flooded with base price items.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:08 pm 
Skeleton

A possible fix might be to put a time lock on items to prevent selling them as soon as you get them. Certain event items could have a 1 week lock and artifacts won in none events could have a 3 day lock. I play 3 worlds at a time and the current method means at least 1 world does not get through the selling quest. I know that on 2 of my worlds my alliance can't win but this should not matter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next