All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:18 pm

Post subject: New alchemy supplies
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:07 am 
Axe Warrior

I would like to ask, how the new alchemy system is supposed to work? In the old days, I always knew how much I can send, how much I can ask for and when will I have needed materials. Now I know nothing. Don´t know how much I send, don´t have the materials that I asked for, because when I do the chat request ... how long before its shown to people? I seem to never get in the evening what I asked for in the morning.

Its nice that you doubled the "ask" portion, but did you also double the "send" portion? Because if you didn´t and the waiting list, if there is a waiting list for the chat request, will never get done. So if I have 120 mats in queue, then I have to get the 120 mats that I may not need anymore before I can get something that I need now.

Why fix something, that isn´t broken?
Also I would like to ask, when you come up with new ideas and improvements, that you expain the improvements in something like "patch notes", where you can tell us about why it is the way it is, why you made the changes and what do you expect of the changes. Then we can even give you feed back, that is helpfull. When we don´t know how something should work and why the change, then we can ´t reflect on it.

I would recommend that the people that write the very brief notes about what you guys did, that they look at patch notes from for example League of Legends or developers communication in World of Warcraft. There they would see, what I mean by the paragraph above.

Post subject: Re: New alchemy supplies
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:50 pm 
Zeppelin

Hi Michal,

the new alchemist works in 3 steps as you can see in our patch notes: https://www.facebook.com/notes/emporea- ... 5683417624

You choose your ingredient.
Pick the amount of ingredient you need.
Wait till your friends accept it in chat.

Each player can send you 1 ingredient in one cycle. That means if you can ask for 20 ingredients however there are only 5 people in your alliance, you will receive 5 ingredients only.

I hope my information was helpful. If you should have any further questions feel free to ask :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:33 pm 
Runesmith

That last piece of information was missing from the patch notes explanation. Every time I log in there are a dozen requests, and I click all of them. Frequently there are several requests from the same player - and I never knew that only one ingredient got sent at that time. Does that also explain why, if you ask a friend instead of in chat it doesn't accept them in the list? Always when I try sending out requests it doesn't send the amount I ask for. For example, I want 10 eyes, so I pick the first 10 in the alliance list, but the total of sends only drops by 7, so I send out for 3 more, and it only drops by 2. At first I didn't notice this and didn't understand why I wasn't getting what I asked for. It is really annoying. In fact, the whole alchy change has been really annoying.

And how does this affect the in-alliance rankings? Before you could have been a good sender of alchy even in a gemming realm where you may not have spent much time - log in every 8 hours and send all you could, ask for all you needed and you were well up the table. Now that is not necessarily the case.

And now we can ask for a lot of regular ingredients, but because it is no longer possible to post the specials to fb (and I know this only affects people who use fb, they used to have an advantage) we are waiting for ages to create recipes. For example a pearl amulet in the Naga event needs 8 specials, often split 6 and 2 - this means that it takes a minimum of 16 hours to make one and usually at least 24 (if you get the timing right, longer if you sleep for more than 7h 45 mins), and that means you cannot make much else for the days of the events. And if you are lucky enough to get a 20 cp at the same time well that takes another day and a half at least!

Please consider increasing the number of specials you can get at a time to make it more balanced with the ordinary ingredients. Maybe have 6 at a time, or an extra for every 5 building levels? With an alchy building even at level 15 that means that you can soon have plenty of the ordinaries (90 a day) but won't be able to make more than scrolls.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:46 am 
Runesmith

And another thing. Before the change you could ask a friend and they would usually send you the request AND send another so you would get 2 for each request (usually). Now they can only send the request. So even though you can request double, you can only send one back and not 2.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:25 am 
Runesmith

And why do we still have to refresh the game to get into the new cycle? That never used to be a problem, now it is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:39 am 
Axe Warrior

I would like to add another thing, that is not clear.

If I chat request several materials, there is some kind of queue. But the queue seems to pile up so high, that it would be nice, if we could see our whole queue of all requests. That way we could see when a request gets its "turn" and we can see what all we have requested and still did not get and we should be able to delete requests that were not processed yet and we no longer need.

Example - I needed lots of harpie legs. Did chat requests as well as player requests. Finished the item that needed the legs. Now X days later I have 30/30 legs in stock, about 20 legs in the bag to pick up and more keep coming. I have no way of knowing when the material I need now gets its turn.

I have to second Patsy´s remark ... sometimes I have all 38 requests (lvl 19 alchemy) and can´t request some people at all. I do a request and still have 38 requests. Did these people already send me a resource from chat request or ... ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:32 am 
Zeppelin

Hi guys,
I am sorry for the belated answer.

Your both observations are mostly correct. I believe that there are going to be some changes in the alchemist soon in order to make alchemist more player friendly.

As Michal said, if you ask too many ingredients in chat it will create a queue. This can also result in situation, that you have 30/30 legs and they are still coming. It is always wise to ask just for some ingredients and afterwards ask for more.

If someone accepts/sends you the ingredient from chat - the same person cannot send you any ingredient directly at that time period, even if you ask. This is the reason, why sometimes you have 10 requests left and you ask 10 people directly and for example only 7 request have been deducted. That means 3 people have accepted your ingredient in chat.

I have not spoken to our game designers yet and I do not have any details how the alchemist will look, however we have received a lot of feedback from our players (which includes also your concerns) and I hope they come up with a reasonable solution. :) Thank you for your feedback and patience.

And I am also looking forward to your thoughts to the new "new" alchemist change.

Best Wishes and stay tuned,
Charlie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:16 pm 
Archer

They should change it so that we see an alchemy queue. They should also make it so someone can respond to both the Chat and Request of someone, just 1 each would be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:35 pm 
Runesmith

I would also like to see the alchy requests queue - and in a separate icon to chat so that you get a list. Perhaps have 2 tabs in the 'Rewards' box (knapsack) for items and requests that have been sent to you (as now), and a second for items that are being requested by others. That way you are not being harassed in chat and have to click dozens of requests to clear it but only actually send a few. And if you did that (and include your own requests) and have a tick or reject button, then the piling up of extra harpies (as in the example above) could be deleted and the request amount reset.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:51 pm 
Runesmith

If you send out 'asks' and the player you ask doesn't send to you before your alchy resets, when they do it counts in the current cycle. I am in a big active alliance (there are 56 of us today), and have alchemy at 16 which means 32 'asks' - but I have just sent out for what I can, and I still have 8 left, and 5 players that I am unable to ask. It must be a nightmare for people in smaller or less active alliances to get enough ingredients to make it worthwhile even opening the building. And although when you ask it opens on a list of all your playing friends, the majority of them are not playing on that world or not even playing at all.

Please make it so you can send one from chat as well as the one that is requested.