All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: EMPOREA WORLDS FACE NEW ENDINGS! DISCUSSION
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:56 am 
Necromancer

I am confused about the start of the new world... your name and alliance survives into next world...

If an alliance is at full membership with level 6 or 7 province upgrade, then do all members start in the alliance at the beginning ? How is membership & province level going to be affected when carrying into the new realm.

Also, what if an alliance or member wants to take a break and skip a realm and start a later realm how will it affect the alliance ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:28 pm 
Runesmith

I think it just starts again as it does now, but within 25 hours instead of 2 weeks (or more)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:02 pm 
Archer

Tell me how this will work if i played the full 14 weeks and the day of the final boss fight I have to work how does that effect a player?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:13 am 
Wolf Rider

As i have thought a bit about this here are my concerns.

I don't like the idea that the "winner" is determined by basically one Boss fight. It will still always be won by the team that can spend the most really CP's are involved so how can it be any other way?

I think it would be better to determine it by a combo of alter and ALL 3 fights. just makes it more interesting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:58 pm 
Veteran Forum Gyrocopter

3rd round. ;)

Quote:
Will we see some changes in achievements? For example, getting 400+ artifacts in 14 weeks is completely impossible ...

Sure. Some achievements need to be adjusted and not only event achievements. We will do it as soon as possible.

Quote:
..also don't rely on rubys being able to buy CP emporia can decide to only make something buyable with gems...

Leigh, you are an oracle. :shock: It is indeed so, CPs will one of very few (quite likely the only one) item not buyable with Rubies. We dont want that in the end players buy just CPs for all their Rubies, and it is very likely that it would end this way. We want they spend them with more diversity, there are another cool bonuses too. There are many sources for free CPs already. ;)

Quote:
For your information, I made a quick translation in french (not perfect but feel free to ask me for it I will send it in PM if asked).

Pierre, you don't have to wait for my permission. :) Nor send me anything. I created the French forum for French speaking community, and you can publish there whatever you find helpful for your fellow players. If you need any help with technical/formatting issues, you can contact me or our French moderator Christophe Bourlet. But you should be the one publishing your articles, so no other takes credit for them. ;)

Quote:
About tears, we will now be able to "steal" tears from other leagues ? (as in old version ?)
Will we be able to gain tears by attacking enemies altars ? Or enemies cities ?

All mechanics involving Tears will be adjusted step by step, to achieve the necessary balance. It is impossible to be more specific now. Follow the changelogs every two weeks, so you always know the news. ;)

Quote:
..I am confused about the start of the new world... your name and alliance survives into next world...

That is the reason why I answer so late. ;) Yesterday we voted in our team, and voted against this change (the same re-created alliance). So there will be no change, you will always look for an alliance anew. (At least at this time, there are so many changes at this time already, it is necessary to let them settle down a bit first and see what they do. We can always return to this matter later)

And the hero name, yes, your hero name will stay for the next gameworld: it will be set as a default on "Choose your hero" screen, but you will be able to change it, the same way as it has been until now. (And as a back-up, you will still get one rename scroll after the Tutorial)

Quote:
Tell me how this will work if i played the full 14 weeks and the day of the final boss fight I have to work how does that effect a player?

The final Boss fight will take 3 full days. It it quite enough to find some time for the game during that period.. However, it can happen that a player just cannot participate, if he is on holiday, etc..
Your player score won't be affected in any way (see the article about player's score parts).
Your alliance will surely miss you (miss your damage to the Boss :D ), especially if it has a good chance to achieve the final victory, but this risk will touch all alliances - that they will miss some players in the most important fight.
But even now, in current mechanics, there are fights lasting few minutes, that turn everything around, deciding about the fate of the gameworld... ;) If you miss fight like that, it is the same thing like to miss the Boss fight. And Boss fight has a huge advantage:
You KNOW in advance WHEN it happens! ;)

Quote:
I don't like the idea that the "winner" is determined by basically one Boss fight. It will still always be won by the team that can spend the most really CP's are involved so how can it be any other way?

Boss WILL have damage, it WILL hurt you. ;) It won't be some frightened medium event camp you can raid forever. Much sooner than of CP's you will run of army. You will need high Altar level with nice recruit speed and resource production etc bonuses, to recover quickly if you want to attack him more times. ;)

Quote:
I think it would be better to determine it by a combo of alter and ALL 3 fights. just makes it more interesting

We considered this option. Here some reasons why we decided against it. (at least currently, let's see how it goes..)
1) First 2 fight will be also important for the final victory: players will be getting Tears for the alliance's Altar.
2) New players will have time to learn and understand the mechanics, in order to get enough experience for the deciding fight.
3) We don't want all players sacrifice everything in those 2 first fights, that is something 3rd fight will do, in the end of the game. Because you will send everything then, including your favorite last gyrocopter.
4) In case all 3 Bosses are equally important for victory and some alliance does very well in the first 2 and is very much ahead in front of others, who from other alliances would try hard in the last fight?
That is one of reasons why we are making this change at all: There are some worlds (for example Helios, in this very moment, when there is an alliance with an Altar 10 level higher than has the second alliance.) Why would anyone bother to keep fighting? ;)
We want that the game is exciting and undecided until the very end. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:45 pm 
Acolyte

Tear wrote:
We want that the game is exciting and undecided until the very end. ;)

Actually Im sure this change dod right other thing. Players just dont see it so they want to try :DD

1-Bonuses on altar are so great, that other aliance have LESSER chance to beat em now. it just makes strongest aliance more powerfull.
2- so, TOP alince ALWAYS had top damage... issue was, sometimes did now win stronges aliance due good strategy with provinces, now, always wins strongest one.
3- new system when you cannot leave province again helps stronger aliances. The weaker have no chance to run somewhere else and get some tears. and of course cannot defent own profinces again top aliance. (can, but nothing happens, only lose more troops :D )

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:41 pm 
Necromancer

I have to agree with Jirka's perspective.

The ending of realms is very undecided now thanks to the new changes as well as PF's inability to meaningfully enforce its own rules in such a way that would discourage their violation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:06 pm 
Veteran Forum Gyrocopter

Jirka & Carole, thanks for comments. :) I delivered them to the right place, as usually.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:10 pm 
Grunt

I am very very bored in the game now :( There are no fights anymore, all the top alliances are just building up upkeep and researches to meet the boss fights. We are bored to death. Are you planning on making some changes that will bring the wars back to the game?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:20 pm 
Frostguard

Sessa Merete Dahl Sparre wrote:
I am very very bored in the game now :( There are no fights anymore, all the top alliances are just building up upkeep and researches to meet the boss fights. We are bored to death. Are you planning on making some changes that will bring the wars back to the game?

Hello Sessa, which world you are playing right now? Or do you feel this is the situation in all of them?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next