All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:21 am

Post subject: Mechanics of Necromancy skill (Undead)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:57 pm 
Veteran Forum Gyrocopter

Skill suitable not only for "Spellcaster" build. Because it is on the top of the tree, you can invest in it after you maximize all skills you wanted for your "Fighter" or "Builder" build.

With Undead necromancy skill on level 10 and nice level of Crown of Communion (e.g. 4 level) on your head you will see the difference. You will always get about half of your losses back, no matter how much your +HP and regeneration bonuses suck.

However, you must realize that eventually a big part of your army will be skeletons. So be sure to upgrade them! It doesn't matter that you don't recruit them at all, that you recruit everything but them: The bigger the necromancy, the more skeletons in your army in the long term.

And this is how it works in a battle round:
1) battle in progress, losses on both sides...
2) regeneration is applied, some units come to life again
3) your % necromancy is applied on YOUR lost UPKEEP, AFTER the regeneration. Every single lost upkeep point has its OWN SEPARATE % chance to become a skeleton.

EXAMPLE:
You have 35% overall necromancy and you lose 10 bone golems and 30 acolytes in the round.(210 lost upkeep)
So you can technically get 0 from 210 skeletons, or 210 from 210 skeletons, but the best chances are that you get about 74 skeletons.

Interesting:
Necromancy is applied AFTER the Finger of Death, so you don't have to be afraid of dead knights.

Beware:
Your Nemesis are dwarves with army of frost cannons, do AVOID them whenever possible. :?

Note!
At least one unit has to survive the battle round, otherwise necromancy doesn't apply!

Post subject: Re: Mechanics of Necromancy skill (Undead)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:33 am 
Necromancer

With frostgaurd Necromancy, what is the % of? I thought it may have been your % per 12uk. So I have 14% frostgaurd necro, so is that a 14% chance for every 12uk? or does it work differently?

Post subject: Re: Mechanics of Necromancy skill (Undead)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:22 pm 
Frostguard

Scott Barney Stinson McSweeney wrote:
With frostgaurd Necromancy, what is the % of? I thought it may have been your % per 12uk. So I have 14% frostgaurd necro, so is that a 14% chance for every 12uk? or does it work differently?

Hi Scott,

sorry for such a late reply! I lost your question in the New Year mess. :)

Anyway: it works pretty much the same as the normal necromancy does, however, it is applied on every 6th upkeep point, not on every single one. So the rule is: your % of frost necromancy is applied on YOUR lost UPKEEP, AFTER the regeneration. Every 6th lost upkeep point has its OWN SEPARATE % chance to become a skeleton.

If I am missing some of your other questions here on forum, feel free to remind me! ;)