All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Post subject: Re: GENERAL & ALL LANGUAGES
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:40 pm 
Zeppelin

The game has introduced a button to switch to the language you want to play...Now, why there is a US English and English as separate options (with respective US & UK flags as icons)...This game doesn't have the vocabulary usage to notice the difference between cookies and biscuits :)...

If you have to be more politically correct (which for the record i don't see why if You think that way), than there should be also Australian English, New Zealand English and Canadian English at least included...Oh, and since Canada is officialy bilingual, add French Canada for the French too :D

Just an observation, nothing sinister here :)

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:09 pm 
Veteran Forum Gyrocopter

Now, when we finally have a flag for every country, there is really no reason for different copies of basically the same game language version...

But it is the residue of the game's past - we had quite a big US community, many players desired own US flag... And back at that time, language and flags were not separated mechanics, as they are now. :)

That is the same reason why was polish flag in the game, we had quite many polish players. ;) But if you clicked on that flag, you didnt get polish language, polish was translated only recently... the language of this flag was english, the same language version as UK and US. ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:46 pm 
Veteran Forum Gyrocopter

...I found a problem when trying to get players details (ingame, when use click mouse over a city). The Hero level is not showed because the translated string is too long (or at less I guess so), but I cannot change it since there are at least three similar strings (GUI0182, GUI0326, and GUI0363) and I don't know which one correspond to player details.
A shorter translation for "Hero level" could be "Nivel Héroe" or just "Héroe"

If you think it is necessary to shorten some texts, I would wait for the new (shiny, pretty.. ;) psst, it is secret..) ..ingame interface. :) If it is too long there as well, then I would shorten texts when it is necessary, as you see fit.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:21 am 
Veteran Forum Gyrocopter

"...it keeps saying that the string its too long,
even if the translation its shorter than the original text..."

that is possible if the original text it too long as well ...but if if your translation is shorter than the original text, you just click "Yes (=Yes, I want to save it)" to confirm the warning message and save your translation.

But if possible, try to write your translation short enough to not get any warning at all. ;) (That means shorter than original english version)