All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:02 pm

Post subject: Playing on phone or tablet: problems and possible solutions
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:37 am 
Runesmith

Many people now play the game on the go, some don't even have a pc. But there are a few problems with this:

1. If you play several worlds you can't choose which world you want to start the session on - it always opens at the last one you played.
>>> Please can we have an extra page between the loading page and the game which gives you the choice of which world to play.

2. If you are not in an alliance, or your alliance is not very active, you are unable to ask for alchemy ingredients as your game friends that are not in your alliance do not appear in the list.
>>> If you log in with facebook or pixel, please list your other friends that are playing that world (we don't need a list of all the friends who have ever played, just the ones on the world we are on, or we waste our sends).

3. If your phone screen is small (or even if it is big), then the + and - buttons for troops and alchy (a nice idea) are way too small to hit accurately, even if you have small fingers!
>>> Please make them bigger!

4. The game is often very slow to load. Not sure if there is anything you can do about that, but I have friends that try 10 times or so and then give up. That can't be good publicity.

5. Zooming in and out of the map. On the pc we can zoom out to see the area around our cities, and there is a button for the provinces map. On phone/tablet zoom is not possible, it takes you straight to the provinces.
>>> Maybe 2 or 3 zoom levels for the map? I found it took a long time to find some of the event camps that I wanted (eg gold ones as I wanted to shop :) ) because I was having to randomly swirl the map around.

6. Something I mentioned before, when you open the chat it covers several icons, including the one that takes you back and into your city. So you either chat OR you play, but a lot of the time you can't do both.
>>> Please move all the icons to the right-hand side of the screen, and no more than 2 deep or you cover too much of the screen. If there are a lot, then do something like the book which opens to show mail, notices, gifts, potions etc.

7. The compass/distance pointer appearing in the centre of the screen is really annoying in that particular place. On pc it is small so you can move the screen slightly and avoid hitting it. But on phone it is so easy to hit it and return home instead tapping the camp/fort/player you were aiming for.
>>> Move this to the centre of the map/city icon where it is visible but is no longer in the way (on both pcs and phones/tablets please).

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Playing on phone or tablet: problems and possible soluti
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:12 am 
Runesmith

8. In province map view, when you click a province and it brings up the forts along the bottom, the + bookmark icon is too small to hit accurately and will more often than not open the province that is behind the +
>>> Please can you make the grey background to that section big enough so that the + button to bookmark them is on it. OR make the whole fort information clickable, so you can tap the coordinates or the fort name or the fort icon and have it bookmark it. I have spend many frustrating hours trying to bookmark forts because when I tap them it takes me to the province underneath the icon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:43 am 
Runesmith

All these are still relevant, but no response in 10 months :(

Number 4 seems to depend on the strength of the internet signal where you are as it needs a good signal to load, more than most apps.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:01 am 
Skeleton

These are terrific ideas.

I love the idea about bringing up a screen upon login that will let you choose which world you’d like to log in to. That would be beneficial for when getting the chest on day five of logging in. That way we don’t have to worry about being logged in to the wrong world when that time of day rolls around.

I also like the idea of having multiple zoom out screens.

Emporea! Please make these a reality!!