All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Post subject: Artifact attributes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:40 pm 
Veteran Forum Gyrocopter

Lately, I have done some Yoda-meditations about this matter, (at this time, as I am discovering the new 4 version myself) and came up with some thoughts that may not be obvious to everyone.

- Most of us know very well, that it is important to "dress a hero" with battle attribute artifacts (HP, resists, regeneration, damage...) during a battle.
- The same thing, we must have rune or artifact discovery, or raided resources, if that is our priority, at the time of camp raids.
- Also, players usually know that research, building speed & cost artifacts must be on the hero (in the active mode) at the exact time of building.
- And casters always use magic damage & reach of spell when they should, at the time of casting.

What might not be so known:

1) Spell recovery: Important to have dressed only at the time of CASTING. (After than it can be put off, as unbelievably as it may seem.)
2) Mana storage: Important to have it on at the time of COLLECTING mana. (Don't be afraid to put it off afterwards, the mana over your default storage won't disappear)
3) Mana production: Important to have it active at the time of STARTING mana rituals. (It doesn't matter what you have on, while gathering produced mana.)
4) Magic cloud fading speed: Important to have dressed only at the time of CASTING or CASTED. (One of just two attributes, by which it makes sense to have them on in the long term, while off-line times, etc.)
5) (Any) resource production: Important to have it on at the time of COLLECTING of recent production.
6) Training speed: Important to have it active at the time of STARTING of training. (HOWEVER, it needs to be active at the beginning of EACH unit stack. So if you are producing many units in multiple stacks, let the artifacts on!)

Summary:
The annoying time of "3.0 version-offtime-plus resources production-pyjamas" is over. Let's face them with our full battle gear on, those guys who think they can beat us in Arena easily. :twisted:

(The only 2 exceptions are Training speed and Magic cloud fading speed attributes, if you need to rebuild greater units amount, or you are an active caster)

P.S.
If you have questions or comments to this topic, ask and comment, it will help us to create better manual, wiki or ingame hints later..

Post subject: Re: Artifact attributes 4.0 version
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:17 pm 
Axe Warrior

Thanks, that's useful information. I've added some of it to the wiki page I've put together documenting what each of the bonuses do: http://emporea.wikia.com/wiki/Bonuses

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:48 am 
Veteran Forum Gyrocopter

Great overview! :) Thank you for this article. ;)

Some comments about a few things, in case you want to add it there:
- raided resources (only from camps, not players)
- regeneration (capped at 50%)
- necromancy - % from your dead upkeep: (so if 2 nightmares are lost with 80 upkeep together, you will get 8 skeletons with 10 % necromancy)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:48 pm 
Axe Warrior

Updates applied - thank you! And thanks for your PM, I can't reply to it but it's appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Artifact attributes
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:33 pm 
Axe Warrior

brilliant, been looking for this information for a long time now